Catching Up With Miranda

Story by Miranda Taylor

After a year of solitary/partner hiking, backpacking, kayaking, milking goats (!) and skiing, on Saturday I joined a friend at the KSC cabin. The cabin is looking pretty great. (But read the sign below the wine in photo). 


We walked the trails, moose hoofed up Osbaldy extension to the end of its lasso-loop [ed. note, also known as Gunnar's Loop], and talked.  As we caught up, we cooled off on the last patch of snow on the Viking loop. 


She asked great questions about my brief Covid marriage and about "Healing From Hidden Abuse" by Shannon Thomas. Email me if interested in our zoom book group starting in June. Recognizing common behaviors like gaslighting, smear campaigns, etc, will help you help yourself or your loved ones. It's great to be done with  those situations and back with friends.

On Sunday Jim Slyfield and I chopped wood. Elizabeth identified some beautiful plants like the big flowering red currant in the I-90 interchange. We stacked Gunnar's and our cut cords.


I can see this FB post would save lives, so I'm concluding this post with a link about simple things you can do to recognize a stroke... 
Hope to see you all again soon.  My best, Miranda T

Comments